About us, our experience, history and team.
Why we're here
In line with our vision to be the No1 Property Management Company in the Top End, EMPM offer the owners and tenants, highly reliable service delivered within the legal requirements of the Residential Tenancy Act ensuring that all that we do complies with the requirements of the agents Licensing act and code of ethics.
Elaine Mills, Principal
Elaine has been managing property since 1999, and in 2006 she obtained her Business licence and has been serving the landlords and tenants of the Top End in both suburban and rural property management ever since. Her background in customer service and her experience and dedication to the highest quality service delivery has resulted in her receiving the REINT/NT News Industry Award for Property Management.
Elaine is supported in the business by her husband Rob, whose extensive experience in the building and electrical trade means he is able to both identify building maintenance needs and effectively and economically manage these for the landlord.
Daughter Terri who has extensive customer service experience and office management skills works with them and together with their dedicated team of property manager and office staff; they are the complete package when it comes to property management.
Why choose us?
- We provide cost-free rental appraisals.
- Expert advice on the rental process and land lord insurance.
- We keep you up to date and promote open lines of communication.
- Our established relationships with reliable trades people.
Our property management services
- Online property profile including photography.
- Booking inspections with prospective tenants.
- Showing property to prospective tenants.
- Property showing & inspection reports sent to landlord as the manager is leaving the property.
- Weekly vacant property reports.
- Default database checks, reference checks and employment checks on all applicants.
- All prospect information shared with the landlord to allow them to select preferred tenant.
- Lease raised and signed with agreed start date.
- Property condition reports with supporting photography.
- Smoke detector checks and property maintenance requests.
- 3 monthly inspections. Photographic reports are sent to the landlord as the manager exists the property.
- Rental reviews.
- Rental arrears process management.
- Assistance with debt collection process through reputable collection agency.
- Reputable licensed contractors for all maintenance & repairs according to landlords specified instructions.